Gallbladder surgery is a relatively common and safe procedure, although there are some possible risks and side effects.
This article discusses about the gallbladder surgery, what to expect during the procedure.
What is the Gallbladder?
The gallbladder is a small, pear-shaped organ located under your liver that stores and releases bile. Bile is the fluid your liver produces that helps digest fats in the food you eat.
How Gall Bladder Functions in the Body?
A Gallbladder is part of your digestive system. Its main function is to store bile. Bile helps your digestive system break down fats. Bile is a mixture of mainly cholesterol, bilirubin and bile salts.
And, it is connected to other parts of your digestive system through a series of bile ducts called the biliary tract. The biliary tract (sometimes called biliary system or biliary tree) is a pipe-like system that carries bile from your liver to your small intestine.
What are common issues that affect the Gallbladder?
Several conditions can cause problems in your gallbladder. The most common condition is gallstones. Gallstones are typically harmless but can sometimes lead to disease states. Gallbladder issues include:
- Gallstones: Gallstones are pebble-like objects made of bile material that develop in the gallbladder or bile ducts. They can be as tiny as grains of sand to as large as golf balls. They’re usually harmless but can cause pain, nausea or inflammation.
- Cholecystitis: Cholecystitis is inflammation of your gallbladder. It can occur when a gallstone blocks bile from exiting your gallbladder. Cholecystitis causes fever and pain and usually requires surgery.
- Gallstone pancreatitis: Gallstone pancreatitis is inflammation of your pancreas. It occurs when a gallstone travels down the common bile duct and blocks the pancreatic duct at a common point just before draining into the small intestine.
- Gallbladder cancer: Gallbladder cancer is rare. You might feel pain in the right upper quadrant of the abdomen. But, it is far more likely for this pain to occur due to another condition.
To diagnose gallbladder-related problems the one should consult the best gallbladder surgeon in Mumbai Dr.Pradeep Tripathi for gallbladder surgery.
Signs that you have a Gallbladder problems
The signs of gallbladder problems vary.
Some people don’t feel gallstones or even know they have them. But if gallstones block the flow of bile, they can affect your gallbladder or pancreas.
You may experience the following signs or symptoms:
- Upper right abdomen pain.
- Upper mid-abdomen pain.
- Upper right abdominal pain radiating to the right shoulder or back.
- Pain after eating a fatty meal.
- Jaundice (yellowing of your skin and whites of your eyes).
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Light-brown pee or light-colored poop.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms or suspect you may need a gallbladder surgery, it is important to see your doctor before complications develop. Please consult Dr.Pradeep Tripathi to get treated with gallbladder surgery in Mumbai.
How are gallbladder issues treated?
Most gallbladder issues are treated with the removal of your gallbladder. Surgery to remove your gallbladder is called a cholecystectomy. Your gallbladder is not an essential organ. This means you can live a normal life without a gallbladder.
When a surgeon removes your gallbladder, bile will flow out of your bile ducts directly into your digestive system instead of being stored in your gallbladder first.
Surgeons can perform cholecystectomies three ways:
- Open cholecystectomy: The open surgery performed with large incision severely when the gallbladder is inflamed or scarred.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: With laparoscopic surgery which is a most recommended surgery type to treat gall bladder problem, the surgeon operates through a few small incisions. Laparoscopic surgery generally leads to a faster recovery, less pain and smaller scars. In most cases, cholecystectomies will be performed laparoscopically.
- Robotic cholecystectomy: This is a more recent method and is rarely available.
Book an Appointment with the best gallbladder surgeon in Mumbai Dr.Pradeep Tripathi for the gallbladder treatment.
The best gallbladder specialist in Mumbai can be contacted on +91 91522 21666.
For further information, you can email us at email@example.com